IGHO CHARLES SANOMI; OUR REBRAND NIGERIA CHAMPION
Good morning great Nigerians you are again welcome back to our Rebrand Nigeria series. We are still your favourite page for the promotion of Nigeria and Nigerians.
In Nigeria, we have many young men who built multi-million dollar companies with interest in various sectors of the economy. On today’s edition of the Rebrand Nigeria series, we shall be showcasing one of these men who is the 2020 youngest Nigerian billionaire with a net worth of $1,000,000 as our Rebrand Nigeria Champion.
Igho Charles Sanomi (born 17 May 1975) is a Nigerian businessman, geologist, public speaker and philanthropist with business interests in oil, power, logistics, telecommunications, the maritime industry, aviation and real estate.
Igho Charles Sanomi was born in Agbor, Delta State and received a bachelor’s degree in geology and mining from the University of Jos, Plateau State, in Nigeria’s Middle Belt.
Sanomi began his career as an executive director at Cosmos Oil (an international oil-trading company with its core business activity in Nigeria) during the late 1990s and negotiated fuel-oil exports from the Port Harcourt refinery. He joined an energy-trading company based in Zug, Switzerland, and the partnership oversaw the import and export of millions of tons of refined petroleum products on the West African coast.
He founded Taleveras Group in 2004. A company that makes investments that support Africa’s journey to becoming one of the world’s largest economies. It is a leading global energy and services company with interests and operations in the upstream, midstream, downstream and power sector of the energy industry in Nigeria. The company has operations in Asia, Europe, and Africa.
Taleveras offers a wide range of integrated and strategic solutions in the energy and power sector. Each year, volumes of Crude oil, Gasoline, Jet fuels, LPG, Gasoil and Petrochemicals are sold in millions. It was one of the Nigerian companies that received oil-lifting contracts in the federal government’s bid, through the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Taleveras partnered with Alstom Group to rebuild and expand the 900 megawatt Afam power plant in Rivers State, after acquiring it on the 30th of July 2013.
Sanomi also founded The Dickens Sanomi Foundation with his siblings in 2011. A non-governmental organization (NGO) to honor the life of their late father, Dickens Oghenereumu Patrick Sanomi. They use the foundation as a medium to fulfill their father’s desire to alleviate socio-economic hardship across Nigeria.
The foundation focuses on promoting access to education, assisting children and youths from vulnerable backgrounds and also empowering them with the knowledge they need to secure a bright future for themselves. The foundation’s activities are limited to Nigeria, and it is funded by the Taleveras Group and the Midel Group.
It is however, worthy to note that Mr Igho Charles Sanomi is not only a businessman. He is a great philanthropist and some of his philanthropic activities include:
• Igho Sanomi organizes an annual Essay Competition for secondary schools in Nigeria through the Dickens Sanomi foundation. The winner of the competition gets a scholarship, while the school would receive grants to get facilities like computer and laboratory equipment.
• The support of ‘Abuja for Children project’ by sending children from less privileged backgrounds to the Strauss School of music and dance. His foundation provides them with musical instruments and free tuition. Each season of the ‘Abuja for Children project’ is rounded off by a concert featuring ensemble pieces, solos, dance, and even opera.
• Lifeline Care Association – Taleveras Group is one of the main corporate sponsors of this organization’s activities. Lifeline care association is committed to securing human life and national development. This is reflected in their provision of medical support to victims of road traffic accidents and other activities like organizing seminars, workshops to sensitize people, donating first aid materials to some care centers and donating road traffic safety signs.
• Taleveras Group has been a huge source of support to the Global Initiative for Peace, Love, and Care (GIPLC). The initiative takes care of the needs of orphans and vulnerable children in Nigeria by making food, medical assistance and learning materials available to them. Taleveras group carried out the Food for One Million, Save a Child and Child Education Support projects through the Global Initiative for Peace, Love, and Care (GIPLC).
• Igho Sanomi gave the Delta State Sports Commissioner, Amaju Pinnick, $10million to show his support towards the first Africa Youth Athletics Championships in Warri in 2010.
• Sanomi took part in the 2010 Kaduna International Polo Tournament and then sponsored the 2011 Kaduna Polo tournament via Taleveras.
• Taleveras DMCC, Sanomi’s Dubai- based trading company has helped Bobby Moore Fund raise $1.5 million since partnering with the foundation.
Sanomy has been recognized and honoured nationally and internationally for his achievements and impacts to humanity.
Some of these recognitions are:
• Honorary chair of the Martin Luther King, Jr. International Salute Committee, succeeding the late Ade Adefuye.
• Honorary citizenship in the U.S. state of Georgia.
• Lifeline Care Association awarded the Taleveras Group with a Certificate of Merit for Humanitarianism in 2006.
• Male Entrepreneur of the Year at the Federal Capital Territory Business Excellence Awards, by the Abuja Enterprise Agency (AEA), Department of International Development (DFID) and the Federal Capital Territory Administration in 2007.
• Forbes Magazine acknowledged him as “One of the new generation of young professionals in Nigeria who are establishing themselves as young leaders of the private sector business community” in 2007.
• Africa’s Emerging Community Development Icon Award in 2014.
• Martin Luther King Legacy Award for Service and Philanthropy in 2015
• Appointed to the West Africa Book Development Fund Advisory Board in 2015.
We at the Ugwumba center for Leadership Development in Africa are proud of Sanomi’s achievements and we are honored to celebrate Mr. Igho Charles Sanomi as our Rebrand Nigeria Champion.